Monday, June 26, 2006

Why Spreadsheet is Important?

I have been an analyst for three years and I have to admit, without spreadsheet skill it would be impossible to finish most of the analysis tasks assigned to me.

When I was in uni studying supply chain, I wasn't aware the importance of Excel spreadsheet. And I thought I have know enough. All I know is drawing tables, bold and italic characters, some basic calculations and formatting. That's it!

Luckily I manage to struggle through my uni life and land a job in the real world, only to realise that I have learnt enough theory, but the practical tool is a stranger to me. One is hard to imagine how powerful and complicated can an Excel spreadsheet do without knowing the functions and formulas available in this wonderful software. After yearsof practicing, I becomes obssessed with the power of Excel. I started to learn as many functons and formulas as I can, applying them into my daily tasks. i have to say becoming familiar with the software has made me more productive in the office environment.

That's why i started this blog, because I know it could be hard to learn on your own without guidance. Nowadays, I do part-time Excel teaching, most of them believe this will enhance their career progression, and i definitely agree with them.

Excel has too many functions, you wouldn't want to commmit into all at a time. Learn only the most practical and commonly used functions is the best way to be productive and subseqently lead to better career progression.

Most of my subsequent posts come from my own learning notes. It has been proven and revised along the track while I teach Excel. Believe, it won't take you long to become proficient in Excel spreadsheeting. If you like, feel free to visit some links available, they all provide useful information about Excel.

Good luck!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home